Our youth summer camp is called Kë Gbéshmen, which means "let's camp."
Kë Gbéshmen aims to grow Bodwéwadmi zhetthkéwen, a sense of community, and stewards of the environment for the next 7 generations. It is our mission to ensure every Kë Gbéshmen camper:
- Has a healthy and enjoyable camp experience.
- Gains enthusiasm for their Potawatomi ways and environmental concerns.
- Receives new experiences, develops new skills and forges life-long friendships.
- Leaves camp an emotionally, mentally, spiritually and physically stronger person.
- Establishes a stronger connection with Neshnabe history, culture and language.
2020 Camp Dates
Session 1 Monday, June 22–Saturday, June 27 (overnight)
Session 2 Tuesday, June 30–Thursday, July 2 (day)
Session 3 Monday, July 13–Friday, July 17 (overnight)
Session 4 Monday, July 20–Wednesday, July 22 (day)
Photo by Kaity Fuja