The Lease to Own program provides the opportunity for eligible Pokagon Band citizens to afford a home by leasing it from the Department of Housing & Community Development and then purchasing it once mandatory conditions are met. These homes are only available in the Dowagiac village, Pokégnek Édawat.
- Must be an enrolled Pokagon Band Citizen.
- Be within the Low Income Guidelines.
- Home located on Tribal Land.
- Applicant must have credit score of 575 or above.
- Applicant or Household must have no outstanding judgments on Credit Report.
- Applicant or Household members’ bankruptcy must have been discharged 2 years prior to enrollment into the Program.
- Applicant or Household is not in debt to the Pokagon Band
To apply for this program, please download and complete the pre-application below and return it to the Housing & Community Development office.
For more information, please contact the office at (269) 783-0443 or (877) 983-0385.