Do you need help with your winter heating bills?
The Social Services Department is accepting applications for LIHEAP. This program is designed to provide a one-time heating assistance payment to help with the high energy costs during the winter months. The program is designed to assist citizens living within our service area; LaPorte, St. Joseph, Elkhart, Starke, Marshall and Kosciusko Counties in Indiana; and Cass, Berrien, Allegan, and Van Buren Counties in Michigan.
To apply, come into the Social Services Department at 58620 Sink Road, Dowagiac or call the department at (269) 782-8998 or 1 (800) 517-0777, or you may fax information to (269) 782-4295.
- Proof of all household income is needed:
- Proof of all yearly income; including Per Capita and/or
- Award letters from (SSI, RSDI, Elder’s Stipend, VA, etc…) and/or
- Child Support received or paid or
- Completion of Zero Income Form if those above do not apply.
- Provider's bill
- Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Social Security cards (copy) for all household members.
- Tribal identification
- Picture identification may also be required (driver’s license, student ID, etc)
|Household Size||Income Limit|