- Your Government
- Citizen Vaccination Information
- Covid-19 Walmart Grocery Card Program
- Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Program 2021
- Citizen Services Portal
- Office of Tribal Council
- Financial Education
- Upcoming Community Events
- Tickets for Community Events
- 10 County / National Crisis Contacts
- Programs and Facilities
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians Fixture, Appliance, Down Payment, and Rehabilitation Program Policy
- FSA Nutrition Benefit Card
Pokagon citizens have long sustained their culture and connection to their homeland; numerous place-names in northern Indiana and southwest Michigan continually reflect that connection. The Pokagon people have endured thanks in part to their values of Wisdom, Love, Respect, Truth, Honesty, Humility, and Bravery. Adapting these deeply-rooted ideals to contemporary circumstances has made the Band an engine for economic development and a model for sustainable living in the region.
Pokagon Band citizens take great pride in the enormous strides the Band has taken to further economic development, to develop tribal infrastructure and resources, and to improve healthcare, housing, education, and Elder services to its citizens. In addition, the Pokagon Band has made it a priority to develop language and cultural programs for its citizens to fully engage the Pokagon Band community in the cultural heritage and the traditional lifeways of the Pokagon people. They recognize their clan identity, and remember ancestors’ presence in modern-day gatherings like pow wows. Elders and youth alike come together to mark seasonal changes with ceremonies and feasts, practice such traditional arts as black ash basket making, and play age-old games.