Pokagon Band Citizens: Secure election documents are available on the Office of Tribal Council Documents Section

Pokagon Band government elections are held every year:

  • General Election (Community Center)
  • Elders Council Election (Elders Hall)

Tribal elections are different than state or federal elections, and you need to fill out a separate voter registration form at the government offices or print from website and mail in once you reach the age of 18 or older to participate. This form is good for life unless you have a name change; at that time a new form will need to be filled out and turned in to the Election Board, or you will be removed from the Voter Registry.

The purpose of elections is to vote on seats for the Tribal Council, Elders Council or Salary Commission. Along with these seats voters will sometimes be asked to vote on possible Constitutional changes or other changes such as the Gaming Revenue Allocation Plan. If this is the case, please be an informed voter and read the additional information sent in your election packet. Within our Constitution, it is required that a certain percentage of voters must cast a vote for any changes to be made. Even if a majority vote "yes" for a change, it will not pass unless the participating percentage is met in the election.

Remember, even if you are not able to make it out for Election Day, you may request an absentee ballot for either election beforehand. The Elders Council election is only for citizens age 55 and older to vote or run in. If you have a questions or concern in regards to your tribal elections, please feel free to call the Election Board at (269) 782-9475.

You may have to authenicate with your citizen information if you have not done so already.