Camp Registration for Kë Gbéshmen is closed.
Letters will go out by email or mail (preference selected by parent) the week of May 22.
For additional questions or for a camper's registration status, please contact 269-462-4229 or email PokagonSummerCamp@PokagonBand-nsn.gov.
2023 Fillable Camp Forms
Rodgers Lake Campus | 58620 Sink Rd. Dowagiac, MI
Our youth summer camp is called Kë Gbéshmen, which means "let's camp."
Kë Gbéshmen aims to grow Bodwéwadmi zhetthkéwen, a sense of community, and stewards of the environment for the next seven generations. It is our mission to ensure every Kë Gbéshmen camper:
- Has a healthy and enjoyable camp experience.
- Gains enthusiasm for their Potawatomi ways and environmental concerns.
- Receives new experiences, develops new skills, and forges life-long friendships.
- Leaves camp an emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically stronger person.
- Establishes a stronger connection with Neshnabe history, culture, and language.
- Week 1 | June 20-23 Ages 13-17 (DAY CAMP & OVERNIGHT OPTION)
- Week 2 | June 26-28 Ages 5-6 DAY CAMP
- Week 3 | July 10-13 Ages 10-12 (DAY CAMP & OVERNIGHT OPTION)
- Week 4 | July 17-19 Ages 7-9 DAY CAMP
Please note: You can only register/attend one camp session. Camp session exceptions will be considered upon request to accommodate maturity/grade level.
ACTIVITIES OFFERED AT CAMP
- Archery for ages 8+
- Arts and crafts
- Canoeing ages 8+
- Environmental skills
- Field sports
- Longhouse teachings
- Traditional arts
- Traditional sports
- Traditional teachings
Center for History & Culture, Camp Director
Department of Education, Camp Director
Center of History & Culture, Camp Director
Department of Education, Assistant Camp Director
Department of Education, Special Activities Assistant
Kë Gbéshmen is quickly approaching, and we are looking for presenters!
If you are interested in being a workshop presenter or sharing your special skill with campers, please click here to fill out the Workshop Proposal form. Deadline to submit your proposal is Monday, May 1.