The Pokagon Band can provide financial and other resources to eligible adult tribal citizens seeking assistance with employment skills and training. Enrollment for employment program services is currently closed.
Four Winds Training Opportunities
Pokagon citizens, spouses, custodial parents, and employees of the Band are invited to attend training provided by our Four Winds Casinos. Please contact us at (269) 462-4267 at least one week before a class if you are interested in participating.
Weekly Training & Development Opportunities
- Resume assistance
- Applications assistance
- Job searching assistance
- Perform Assessments
- Educational and employment planning
- Training specific assistance
Online Training & Development Resources
The U.S. Department of Labor has free online resources, such as O*Net Career Exploration Tools, Skills Profiler, O*Net Skills Search, Employability Checkup, and help for One-Stop Career Center.
One-Stop Career Centers
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Michigan Works!
- Work One, South Bend
- Southwestern Michigan College, employment
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College, employment
- Lake Michigan College, employment
Native American Program Centers & Job Opportunities
- American Indian Center
- Michigan Indian Employment and Training Services, Inc.
- Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi
- Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan
- Gun Lake Tribe
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi
- Four Winds Casino
Other training and development opportunities for Pokagon citizens and staff are also available. If you are interested in learning more, please contact HR for further details.