Pokagon Band Behavioral Health Services is state licensed and CARF accredited to perform outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse in a peaceful, beautiful setting. It provides integrative, person-centered care in a confidential, culturally sensitive environment.
Our dedicated team of licensed providers recognizes that chemical dependency and mental health problems can destroy physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being. Professional services are provided with courage, respect, honesty, wisdom, humility, family, and love. We cherish each human being’s journey, with the understanding that our responsibility is to give everyone the choice to direct their own life.
Treatment collaborates with medical and community services. It is structured to promote personal growth, strengthen identity, improve relationships with family, assist in maintaining harmony and balance with life, and offer the opportunity to affirm the traditional spiritual values and beliefs of our ancestors.
- Mental health assessment, evaluation, and counseling in individual, group, or a family setting
- Chemical dependency assessment, referrals, and counseling
- Education and prevention
- Red Road AA/NA meetings
- Trauma-focused treatment models, motivational interviewing, narrative therapy, play therapy
- DBT (dialectical behavioral therapy)
- Traditional cultural practices
- Referral services for specialty care
- Infant mental health care
- Auricular acupuncture (call to schedule)
- Massage therapy
- ATR provider
- Peer Recovery
The Peer Recovery Coach program is an intensive, community-based case management program for people who have entered an addiction treatment program or have been screened for treatment, or have been placed on a waiting list, if applicable. The program is designed as an integrated component of a comprehensive addiction treatment program. The primary purpose of the recovery coach program is to help individuals in addiction treatment gain access to needed resources, services, or supports that will help them achieve recovery form their substance use disorder.
Our Peer Recovery Coach, Emily Chorba, has a unique background and skill level from her experience in utilizing services and supports to achieve her personal recovery goals, thereby instilling a greater sense of community membership, independence, and productivity.
What is a peer recovery coach?
A Peer Recovery Coach brings lived experience to assists others in initiating and maintaining recovery, while also helping and uncovering resources for a better quality of personal and family life. The Peer Recovery Coach is available to help individuals create and develop recovery pathways while providing emotional, informational, instrumental, and affiliation support.
Is peer recovery effective?
Research supports that those who have worked with Peer Recovery Coaches have experienced:
- Improved relationships with treatment providers and family
- Decreased use of emergency services
- Reduced relapse rates
- Decreased Criminal Justice involvement
- Increased Treatment Retention
- Reduce Substance and Alcohol use
- Greater housing and educational stability
- Increased Personal wellbeing
Rodgers Lake Campus
58620 Sink Road
Dowagiac, MI 49047
Monday – Friday | 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.