The Well and Sewer Improvements program provides replacement or rehabilitation of outdated or malfunctioning well and sewer systems. It may also be used to install new systems or assist with the cost to connect to municipal water or sewer systems. It will not repair water or sewer connections to the city. This program is not based on income.
- Must be an enrolled citizen in a federally-recognized tribe (does not have to be Pokagon Band).
- Receive inspection and approval by the IHS Office of Environmental Health and Engineering.
- Property must pass the state's environmental review process.
- Property must be located within the Ten County Service Area.
- Tribal citizen must be listed on deed or land contract.
To apply for this program, please download and complete application for sanitation facilities and return it to the Housing & Community Development office.
For more information, please contact the office at (269) 783-0443 or Toll Free (877) 983-0385.