The Social Services Department will start accepting applications for LIHEAP on November 1, 2022. Remember this program is designed to provide a one-time heating assistance payment to help with the high energy costs during the winter months. The program is designed to assist citizens living within our service area; LaPorte, St. Joseph, Elkhart, Starke, Marshall and Kosciusko Counties in Indiana; and Cass, Berrien, Allegan, and Van Buren Counties in Michigan.
To apply call the Social Services Department at 58620 Sink Road, Dowagiac. Phone number (269) 782-4300 or 1-800-517-0777 or you may fax information to (269) 782-4295. Starting November 1, the application will also be available below.
· Proof of all household income is needed:
1. Proof of all yearly income and/or
2. Award letters from (SSI, RSDI, Elder’s Stipend, VA, etc.…) and/or
3. Child Support Received or paid or
4. Completion of Per Cap only/Zero Income Form if those above do not apply.
· Providers Bill.
· Social Security numbers are required on applications, for all household members.
· Social Security Cards (copy) are REQUIRED for all household members.
· Tribal identification is also required.
· Picture identification may also be required (driver’s license, student ID, etc.).
2022/2023 Income Guidelines
|Household Size||Income Limit|