The Archivist is part of the Tribal Historic Preservation Office and has many responsibilities such as:
- Coordinating acquisitions of archival materials
- Digitizing collections for Wiwkwébthigën (an online digital collections platform through Washington State University)
- Acting as the point person for donors to the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi archives
- Creating catalog records of incoming material
- Processing collections according to institutional approved standards
- Fulfilling reproduction requests
- Carrying out reference duties
- Coordinating the use of archival material for exhibits
- Setting preservation policies to ensure that appropriate preservation measures are conducted
Wiwkwébthëgen is Our Online Digital Archives
You can access our archives 24/7 on Wiwkwébthëgen. You will find historical photos of our ancestors and lifeways, photos of traditional objects, important documents, video and audio recordings of citizens, and hundreds of Potawatomi words, complete with recordings of their pronunciations. This site is secure and intended for citizen use. To access everything on the site, request an account.
Archives Open Access Hours
Wednesdays and Thursdays 9-11 a.m.*
*Please contact Archivist to request access to and assistance with Archives during other times.
Quarterly Archives Open House