The Pokagon Community Outreach team works closely with citizens to provide specific services at home, at outside facilities, in the clinic and at local events. Our team includes four full-time community health nurses, a health and wellness advocate, integrative case worker, and registered dietician.
Community health team members provide support to many different areas such as pregnant women, caregivers and their children, Elders, patients living with chronic diseases, and more. The team also offers education and programming services for community events. They collaborate closely with your PHS primary care provider and may be referred to work with you as follow-up care by your primary care provider.
- Health promotion
- Nutrition management and education
- Prenatal support and post-partum support
- Healthy Start Program (newborn to age 5)
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Diabetes foot exams and care
- Family strengthening education and support
- Community health assessments and screenings
- Diabetes and chronic disease management
- Elders' assistance and support
- Medication education and management
- Referred specialty visits
- Nail trim clinics
- Telehealth visits
Monday – Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
58620 Sink Road
Dowagiac, MI 49047