Byégwëmëk Temporary Lodging Facility
Byégwëmëk- A place you come to stay is a Temporary Lodging Facility Program which provides the opportunity for Pokagon Band citizens and their families to seek temporary lodging.
To be eligible to participate in the program, the applicant must:
- Be at least eighteen years of age or an emancipated minor, and
- A Pokagon Band citizen
- An Other Native American
- An Essential Support Person
- A Police Officer
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Applicant or household member is not in debt to the Pokagon Band
- Applicant or Guest will be ineligible if participated in any Band housing program and damaged any property beyond normal wear and tear.
Selection, the order for use of the Facility shall be as follows:
- A Citizen who has one or more household members who should or required to be quarantined or isolated under CDC guidelines or by order of a medical physician because of pandemic, but only such persons who do not have COVID-19
- A Citizen with a low-income household
- An Other Native American with a low-income household
- A Citizen regardless of income
- An Essential Support Person or Officer
- Each room must be reserved within 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Each room must be reserved for a minimum for two consecutive nights with a maximum of 30 days.
- Room fees and taxes will be paid in advance.
- Exhibit B - Room Rates
Documents Needed for Byégwëmëk
- Byégwëmëk Temporary Lodging Facility Application
- Background Check Form
- Byégwëmëk Policy
- Byégwëmëk Rules
- Income Limits
To apply for the facility, please download and complete the application and documentation and return to the Housing and Community Development office.
For more information, please contact Megan Rick or Lynne Foerster at (269) 783-0443 or (877) 983-0385.