Down Payment Assistance Program
The Down Payment Assistance Program provides opportunities for eligible Pokagon Band citizens to purchase their own homes through down payment and closing cost assistance.
The Pokagon Band Department of Housing & Community Development will provide 20% of purchase price or $30,000, whichever amount is less. Closing cost assistance will not exceed $2,500.
- Must be an enrolled Pokagon Band citizen 18 years old or older, a non-Pokagon citizen who
has custody of minor Pokagon Band children in the household or a Pokagon Band citizen
who is an emancipated minor.
- Be within the HUD INCOME LIMIT GUIDELINES (updated 7/27/2023).
- Applicant must have a credit score of 620 or above.
- Complete homeownership classes.
- Pass a home inspection by Housing's Building Official.
- Loan must be 30-year or 15-year fixed.
- Home must be located within the Ten County Service Area.
- Is not in debt to the Pokagon Band.To apply for this program, please download and complete the pre-application below and return it to the Housing & Community Development office.
For more information, please contact the office at (269) 783-0443 or Toll Free (877) 983-0385