A government exists to serve its citizens. As they have for generations, the Pokagon people can rely on their tribal government and community for support with nourishment, shelter, learning, and physical and mental healing and wellness through such programs as:
- Housing assistance, including rental assistance and housing rehabilitation
- Head Start and other early education programs
- Potawatomi language classes and cultural programs
- Social services, including child protection and emergency assistance
- Natural resource management and environmental protection
- Elders services, including nutrition and outreach programs
- Comprehensive health and wellness services
- Employment training and placement
- College scholarships, tuition and book stipends
- Youth education, tutoring, and mentoring programs
Tribal citizens are welcome to reserve such tribal facilities as the Community Center or Elders Hall for their use. Please see the policies below for use of the these facilities and the campgrounds at Rodgers Lake. Download the below application forms to reserve the facility, and send to the specified person.
For Community Center use, contact Christina Carpenter, (269) 462-4288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Center not available the second Saturday of the month due to Tribal Council meetings.
For the Rodgers Lake pavilion and kitchen use, contact Christina Carpenter, (269) 462-4288 or email@example.com.
For Elders Hall use, contact Beth Warner, (269) 782-0765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Rodgers Lake campground use, contact Christina Carpenter, (269) 462-4288 or email@example.com.
For Sports Complex use, contact Christina Carpenter, (269) 462-4288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail completed reservation forms to the attention of the contact person for the corresponding facility to: Pokagon Band of Potawatomi PO Box 180 Dowagiac, Michigan 49047
Citizens are welcome to enjoy Gage Street Lake, which is located at 26464 Gage St, Dowagiac, MI 49047.