A government exists to serve its citizens. As they have for generations, the Pokagon people can rely on their tribal government and community for support with nourishment, shelter, learning, and physical and mental healing and wellness through such programs as:
- Emergency Rental Assistance and Homeowners Assistance Programs Community Outreach
- Housing assistance, including rental assistance and housing rehabilitation
- Head Start and other early education programs
- Potawatomi language classes and cultural programs
- Social services, including child protection and emergency assistance
- Natural resource management and environmental protection
- Elders services, including nutrition and outreach programs
- Comprehensive health and wellness services
- Employment training and placement
- College scholarships, tuition and book stipends
- Youth education, tutoring, and mentoring programs
- Legal Aid
- Per Capita Savings Plan
Tribal citizens are welcome to reserve such tribal facilities as the Community Center or Elders Hall for their use. Please see the policies below for use of the these facilities and the campgrounds at Rodgers Lake. Download the below application forms to reserve the facility, and send to the specified person.
For Community Center contact Christina Saltzman, (269) 430-3854 or email Christina.Saltzman@PokagonBand-nsn.gov
Community Center not available the second Saturday of the month due to Tribal Council meetings.
For the Rodgers Lake Pavilion and Kitchen, contact Christina Saltzman, (269) 430-3854 or email Christina.Saltzman@PokagonBand-nsn.gov
For Rodgers Lake Campground, contact Christina Saltzman, (269) 430-3854 or email Christina.Saltzman@PokagonBand-nsn.gov
For Sports Complex, contact, Christina Saltzman, (269) 430-3854 or email Christina.Saltzman@PokagonBand-nsn.gov
For Elders Hall, contact Beth Warner, (269) 782-0765 or email Beth.Warner@PokagonBand-nsn.gov
Mail completed reservation forms to the attention of the contact person for the corresponding facility to: Pokagon Band of Potawatomi PO Box 180 Dowagiac, Michigan 49047
Citizens are welcome to enjoy Gage Street Lake, which is located at 26464 Gage St, Dowagiac, MI 49047.