The Down Payment Assistance Program provides opportunities for eligible Pokagon Band citizens to purchase their own homes through down payment and closing cost assistance. The Pokagon Band Department of Housing & Community Development will provide 20% of purchase price or $30,000, whichever amount is less. Closing cost assistance will not exceed $2,500.
- Must be an enrolled Pokagon Band citizen 18 years old or older, a non-Pokagon citizen who has custody of minor Pokagon Band children in the household or a Pokagon Band citizen who is an emancipated minor.
- Be within the HUD INCOME LIMIT GUIDELINES (updated 8/12/2020)
- Applicant must have a credit score of 620 or above.
- Complete homeownership classes.
- Pass a home inspection by Housing's Building Official.
- Loan must be 30-year or 15-year fixed.
- Home must be located within the Ten County Service Area.
- Is not in debt to the Pokagon Band.
To apply for this program, please download and complete the pre-application below and return it to the Housing & Community Development office.
For more information, please contact the office at (269) 783-0443 or Toll Free (877) 983-0385.